March 9, 2016


Sometimes, I long to stay indoors;
To take off all cotton and silk, 
To look like Eve at her time of creation;
To lay on my peach-colored beddings,
With my eyes fixed on the ceiling;
To be left alone,
In my own company
In order to lose myself in thought,
And then travel to my world of closed eyes and beautiful pictures
While the world goes by,
Sometimes, I long to stay indoors;
To sit upright at my table,
Lamp shining bright from above me;
Sheets of white paper bind together, 
Staring back at me;
Pen in my hand;
And my mind wandering away from within my reach;
Just scribbling deep thoughts, wishes and imaginations
While life travels far.
It's a big world out there, 
With a bunch to learn and discover,
Cherish and admire;
To make one smile;
Millions to work for,
And to gain,
But it's a big world in my head also,
Where there's more chaos than outside my room doors.
And I choose to dwell only in my abode,
Amidst the chaos within my skull;
Where cotton and silk are not needed for a cover,
And dust does not climb my feet;
Where the nudity of words is a norm;
Where wishes and fantasy lay in comfort and quiet,
Just staring at the ceiling;
Where pain is remedied.

The nature of the chaotic 'Big World' in my head,
My mind, 
My abode,
Is the kind of nature I desire;
The green pastures I hunger for;
And beside the still waters I find comfort laying my head
And just listening to.

No comments: